|History for Sacred Heart Crusaders
The Sacred Heart Crusaders, formed in 1959, was a junior marching and maneuvering and parade corps based in Manville, New Jersey. They were sponsored by the Sacred Heart Church and affiliated with the American Legion Post 304 and VFW Post 2290. Monsignor Joseph Krysztofik ran the corps in the 1960s and 1970s for the youth of the neighborhood as well as of the church.|
The corps’ colors were red, black, and white.
The corps awards included the Jersey Shore Area Stand-Still and M&M Championships. They also sponsored an annual contest, Youth on Parade, in August each year.
The corps was active until 1981.
[Encyclopedia of Drum and Bugle Corps, 1966; rec.arts.marching.drumcorps, Feb. 6, 2002; DCW, 2/03, p.3]
Hosted by Modotech, Inc.
- specializing in Internet applications for insurance.