The Saint Lucy‘s Cadets, formed in 1924, was a junior marching and maneuvering corps based in Newark, New Jersey. They were sponsored by the St. Lucy’s Church, the American Legion Post 105, and Belleville VFW Post 461.
The corps’ colors were blue and white.
St. Lucy's is notable because 34 years passed after their founding before they actually competed in a field show. But after 1958, the corps was a mainstay of American Legion and VFW Finals.
The corps' awards included the 1962 and 1963 Penn-Jersey M&M and Color Guard Championships. Notably, St. Lucy’s won the Dream Contest and the American Legion National Championships in 1968.
The corps disbanded after the 1969 season, but organized an alumni corps in 2000.
[Encyclopedia of Drum and Bugle Corps, 1966; rec.arts.marching.drumcorps, 11/10/99; DCW, 2/04, p.3]