|History for Royaleer Mounties
The Royaleers, formed in 1954, was an all-girl parade corps based in Haddonfield, New Jersey. Initially known as the Christ the King Royaleers, then the Royaleer Mounties, they were sponsored by the American Legion Post 372, VFW Post 713, and Christ the King Church.|
The corps’ colors were Navy blue and gold.
The corps awards included the 1962 South Jersey Co-Champions, and the Berkshire Music Festival Music Champions.
Girls corps were especially active in the 1950s. The Royaleers were only one of three all-girl corps from the same county in New Jersey (the others were the Audubon Bob-Bons and Belles of St. Mary’s). They also boasted a pair of twins as drum majors in 1966, Pat and Sue Bonk.
The corps was active until at least 1972.
[Encyclopedia of Drum and Bugle Corps, 1966; DCW, 10/03, p.3]
Hosted by Modotech, Inc.
- specializing in Internet applications for insurance.