|History for CMCC Warriors
The Minisink Warriors, formed in 1946, was a junior marching and maneuvering and parade corps based in the Harlem, New York. The unusual name Minisink came from a rural area in the Catskill Mountains that had been donated as a camp area for the corps. Also known as the CMCC Warriors (for City Mission Cadet Corps), they were sponsored by Charles Young American Legion Post 398, Haryou-Act, Inc., and the New York City Mission Society. |
The corps’ colors were maroon and white.
1958-63 Riis Park Standstill Champions
1964-65 Empire State Champions
1968 - 1973 Greater New York Circuit Champions
1968 - 1973 Northeastern Circuit Champions
1968 - 1973 World Open Finalists
1969 International Pow Wow Champions
The organization became headquartered in The Bronx in 1974. A portion of the Corps did assemble and practice in a Bronx, NY church in 1937 but two Harlem locations were also used at that time as well, there were three separate divisions. In 1957 the three divisions were brought together at 531 W 155th Street in Harlem where they stayed until moving to The Bronx. The Corps was started as a part of the the Boys Division of the Harlem branch (Minisink) of the NYC Mission Society. The Corps remained active through the 80's.
[Encyclopedia of Drum and Bugle Corps, 1966; Robert Cooke - member 1968 - 1973]
Hosted by Modotech, Inc.
- specializing in Internet applications for insurance.